Crispy bacon-wrapped asparagus perfect as an appetizer for parties or for a side dish during the holidays. They’re also perfect for grilling at summer barbecues!
Bacon-wrapped asparagus sure looks fancy, but is really easy to put together!
Do you have bacon? Do you have your asparagus? All you have to do is wrap them together! Those are the only two ingredients needed for bacon-wrapped asparagus.
You can cook them with a variety of cookware and I have included cook times and temperatures for all of them.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 18-20 minutes. After that, it’s best to broil them for 1-2 minutes so the bacon is nice and crispy.
Get the grill to a medium temperature, lightly oil the grates, and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning a few times for even cooking.
Instead of placing them directly on the grates, I like to use grill sheets. They get the bacon niiiice and crispy!
There’s no preheating involved with an air fryer, so spray the inside basket, place your bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles inside in an even single layer, and set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. Flip them, and set the timer for an additional 5 minutes.
George Foreman Grill
If it’s cold where you’re at right now or you don’t have an outdoor grill, have no fear! You can absolutely cook the bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles on your George Foreman Grill.
Allow the grill to preheat, add the bundles in a single layer, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
Bacon-Wrapped AsparagusCourse: Sides, AppetizersCuisine: American
Crispy bacon-wrapped asparagus perfect as an appetizer for parties or for a side dish at the holidays. They’re also perfect for grilling during the summer barbecues!
1 lb Asparagus
8 Slices of Bacon
- Prep Instructions
- Rinse and trim the woody ends of the asparagus.
- Place asparagus in bundles of three and wrap with uncooked bacon slices from top to bottom. Tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the asparagus to keep it in place.
- Oven Cooking Method
- Follow above prep instructions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare baking sheet by either using a wire rack over a pan (to allow bacon grease to drip) or use aluminum foil.
- Place bacon-wrapped asparagus on prepared pan.
- Roast in the oven for 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway. To get bacon crisper, turn the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Watch the bacon carefully, as the broiler can quickly burn food.
- Grill Cooking Method
- Follow above prep instructions. Set grill to a medium heat. Lightly oil grill grates or use grill sheets. Place bacon-wrapped asparagus on grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping a few times for even cooking.
- Air Fryer Cooking Method
- Follow above prep instructions. Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray, like Pam. Place asparagus bundles into basket in an even single layer. Set the temperature to 400 degrees and cook for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- George Foreman Grill
- Follow above prep instructions. Preheat George Foreman Grill and make sure the collection tray is at the bottom for the bacon grease. Once hot, add bacon-wrapped asparagus and close lid. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until bacon is crispy.