Savory and tender air fryer mushrooms and onions that have been cooked to perfection. Cooking in the air fryer requires no preheating and is done in under 15 minutes!
While I was cooking air fryer steak I really wanted mushrooms & onions as a side dish with them.
I let the steak rest under some foil while I cooked them in the air fryer so both would still be hot.
Mushroom & Onion Ingredients
- Whole Mushrooms – They can be white-capped or cremini mushrooms
- Pearl Onions
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Thyme
Mushroom & Onion Cooking Times
- No preheating is required!
- The mushrooms cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are browned and tender, being sure to stir halfway through cook time.
After we ate them with air fryer steak we had some mushrooms and onions leftover so then they were added to our pot of chili for another meal that turned out very tasty!
Air Fryer Mushrooms & Onions Are Great With:
Grilled Flank Steak
Air Fryer Mushrooms & OnionsCourse: Air Fryer Side Dishes, Side DishesCuisine: American
Savory and tender air fryer mushrooms and onions that have been cooked to perfection.
16 oz Whole Mushrooms – White-Capped or Cremini
1 cup Pearl Onions
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Fresh Thyme
1 tsp Garlic, minced
- Rinse mushrooms and onions and pat dry. Cut large mushrooms into quarters and small mushrooms in half so that they are equally sized and place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil on mushrooms and onions. Add minced garlic, thyme, and salt. Stir to coat.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and add mushrooms and onions. Set temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 6 minutes. Once timer is done, stir mushrooms and onions, and cook for an additional 6-9 minutes until they begin to brown.