Crispy air fryer naked chicken wings with the option to coat them in hot sauce, teriyaki glaze, sweet chili, honey garlic, or just eat them plain! Great for parties, Super Bowl, or barbecues!
Chicken wings or drumettes are really simple to make in the air fryer.
There’s NO preheating involved, no frying in a vat of oil, and the skin gets golden brown and crispy as though they were fried!
You don’t have to continuously watch them either. Once you pop them in the tray and set the timer you can get other things done. It will stop cooking once the timer goes off and then you can reset it if you need more cook time.
Can you use Pam nonstick spray in an air fryer?
It’s best not to. Air fryer baskets actually do not tolerate the aerosol spray. It begins peeling the coating off the basket.
How do you get the food to stop sticking? Use a non-aerosol spray bottle of olive oil, or you can rub coconut oil directly on the basket.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Wings/Drumettes:
- Chicken Wings or Drumettes
- Pam Cooking Spray (or other cooking spray)
Optional Hot Wing Sauce:
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (or your choice of hot sauce)
How to Cook Air Fryer Chicken Wings/Drumettes:
- Thaw chicken wings or drumettes if not already done so.
- Spray air fryer basket with olive oil or coat the basket with coconut oil.
- Place a single layer of chicken in the basket and lightly spray the tops with oil to help them achieve a golden brown color as they cook.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 10 minutes. Flip after 10 minutes, and set the timer for another 10 minutes.
If you cook more then a single layer at once they tend to stick to each other and not cook evenly.
How to Make Wing Sauce:
- Add the butter to a small microwave-safe dish and cook until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Add Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and pour it over top of the chicken wings in a bowl.
- Toss the chicken to coat them.
- They are delicious if eaten with ranch or blue cheese dressing as a dipping sauce.
Try these other great air fryer recipes!
- 50 Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Baby Potatoes
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Chicken Parmesan
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- French Fries
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings (Copycat Recipe)
- Juicy Steak
- Mushrooms & Onions
- Stuffed Mushrooms