Bruschetta with fresh basil, juicy diced tomato, creamy mozzarella, and drizzles of olive oil on garlic-rubbed crusty Italian bread are all you need for this tasty appetizer.
The juicy tomatoes, that creamy mozzarella cheese, freshly chopped basil aroma…
Bruschetta with tomato and basil is one of the tastiest and quickest Italian appetizers to throw together. A lot of times, I already have the ingredients lying around the house. Okay, maybe not that casually, but you get my drift.
I’m sure you’ve seen many variations of bruschetta served at different Italian restaurants. Some use shaved Parmesan for the cheese. Some add minced garlic. I’ve also had one that was whipped like a mousse with chopped onion and decorated on top of the toast like a frosted cupcake.
I’m not going to get that fancy right now. I like the simple clean flavors of this recipe.
Ingredients for Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Day Old Italian Bread
- Roma Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Dried Basil or Freshly Chopped Basil Leaves
- Garlic Cloves
- Black Pepper
Toasting the Bread
There are a few simple options for toasting your bread:
- You can drizzle olive oil on both sides of your sliced bread, rub with garlic clove, and place them in a pan on the stove over medium-high heat to brown them.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush the tops of the bread slices with olive oil, rub with garlic, and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- The easiest and most simple way is placing your sliced bread in the toaster, but you won’t have the great garlicky olive oil taste on your toast.
Try these other great recipes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Cajun Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Garlic Bread Soup
- Kraft’s Italian Pasta Salad
- Lasagna with Four-Cheese Ravioli
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan
Great Italian Appetizers:
- Air Fryer Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta’s
- Bolognese Ground Beef Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cream Cheese Italian Pinwheels
- Easy Keto Italian Sausage Meatballs
- Easy Rosemary Focaccia Bread that’s great for dipping in Garlic and Herb Bread Dipping Oil
- Lasagna Dip
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos
- Pepperoni & Cheese Pizza Roll-Ups
- Roasted Red Pepper Ricotta Crostini
- Toasted Spinach Pesto Ravioli