Rich, chewy butterscotch blondies with butterscotch chips baked in to give an extra sweet bite. These are the blondie version of a brownie and have every bit of gooiness going for it. This recipe is for a 13″x9″ baking pan and yields 12 large or 24 small bars.
You’ve probably heard these bars called a few different names: butterscotch bars, butterscotch blondies, or just plain blondies. They’re rich and deliciously sweet!
These bars can be made with or without the butterscotch chips, but they added an extra cool bite in the way that a chocolate chip does.
Ingredients for Butterscotch Blondies:
- Light Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- All-Purpose Flour
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Butterscotch Chips
Want to add to the yumminess?
- These bars are extra delicious warmed up and served à la mode with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with hot butterscotch sauce.
- Another great addition is baking them with 1/2 cup of chopped pecans in the batter.
How many bars can you cut in a 13″ x 9″ pan?
I created these images to show how to cut 12 large or 24 small bars out of a 13″x9″ pan. You can cut even smaller and get 32 bars (4 x 8).
Try these other great desserts!
- Caramel Crispix
- Chocolate Drop Cookies
- Chocolate Thumbprint Shortbread Cookies
- Kolasky’s Apricot & Raspberry Cookies
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cream Cheese Frosting
- Minny’s Chocolate Pie
- New York Cheesecake
- Oreo Bottom Cupcakes
- Pecan Tassies
- Pumpkin Bars
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes